An optional update is available, improving several in-game features and adding atmospheric sound effects. It can be downloaded here!
- Upgraded The Cursed Tribe with BQ-SHIPWRECK engine updates
- Greatly improved reliability of chat
- You can no longer move or accidentally use spells when typing in chat
- Fixed a glitch where you couldn’t see the “active fight” symbol in the overworld
- You can no longer see players through fog
- Fog is now semi-transparent so as to allow awareness of where you can move. It isn’t quite the same as it was before LOVE 0.11 but it’s getting there!
- You can now view your respawn tile (shadow of death isn’t back yet though sadly! Still struggling with LOVE 0.11)
- Your player sprite is now shown above all other sprites during battles
- New sound effects
- Added footstep sound effects
- Added ambient sounds
- Added Buddy sounds
An optional update is available. It can be downloaded here!
- Fixed a glitch that prevented music from playing
An optional update is available, bringing support for LOVE 0.11 and other optimisations. It can be downloaded here!
- Upgraded from LOVE 0.10.2 to 0.11
- Preparation for server upgrades
- Adding a new character now attempts to log you in as that character
- As a result fog of war is temporarily completely black (the backdrop of the world is now solid black for consistency. This is again temporary)
The new mandatory update is now live!
Download here and get ready to face the Sorcerer within his lair. Read the patch notes here and get a guide on how to defeat the Sorcerer here.
This is the third and final update to The Cursed Tribe, and we’ll be releasing details on the third and final Alpha event shortly.
The Cursed Tribe v1.3 is releasing April 15th! This update brings some rather huge changes and additions, such as reworked spells and the addition of both a character select screen and a chat system.
This update concludes The Cursed Tribe storyline and includes the final piece of content for this Alpha, the raid “Lair of the Sorcerer”. Those who have completed the dungeon and defeated the Skeleton King thus obtaining a Lair Key can head south, at the bottom of the White Forest to the East and begin the fight.
Content & Encounters
- Raid opened: Crypt of the Sorcerer
- Two phase finale fight
- Rewards 700 Quia, 50% chance “Dragonling”, 10% chance “Eldertouched Plate”
- New armour piece: Eldertouched Plate
- New pet: Dragonling
- New pet: Silver Dragonling
- New pet: Spirit of Death
- Added further fight scripting capabilities
- Mobs can now cast “spawnRandom” to spawn a mob in a random location
- NPC behaviour changes
- NPCs no longer attack invincible targets
- New voicelines added
- NPCs now walk about when idle
- NPCs now try and avoid bunching up
- Recovery now heals 100% of your health and has had its cooldown reduced to 30 seconds (down from 120 seconds)
- Slam now deals twice as much damage (ATK*8) and has a 20 second cool down (down from 30 seconds)
- Added new character select screen
- To login as a character that already exists, press “Add New” and enter your username and password
- Added chat
- Press enter and start typing, when you press enter again the message will be sen
- Currently all chat is global
- Added floating combat text
- FreshPlay logo is now displayed on the splash screen
- ESC now switches between fullscreen / windowed (rather than F)
- NPC dialogue is now centred regardless of zoom level
- Fixed bones – enjoy the chaos!!
- “Earned Loot” window no longer displays for loot losses (such as the gold lost when purchasing an item)
- Player buddies are now only displayed if the player is online
- Buddies are now drawn underneath their owners
- Website character profiles now display attack bonuses from Orbs of Power
- Added old theme tune back into rotation
- Zooming is now at set levels
- The server now tracks last login and displays this on HTML character profiles
- New voice lines
A new version of the game is NOW LIVE!
This adds new end game content and changes to existing content and systems.
Content & Encounters
- New zone: Isle of Giants
- Features 3 miniboss fights that each reward 500 Adver
- Features 1 boss fight that combines all 3 other fights that rewards 200 Quia
- New item: Orb of Power
- Increases damage output by +1 permanently when used
- Costs 350 Quia
- You can now only complete a fight on a tile once a day
- This resets every night (server time)
- If a fight is already happening on a tile that you’ve fought on today then you can join it to help but won’t receive any rewards
- Tiles that you’ve already fought on are treated as 0% encounter chance
- Added 4 secret pets
- You can now exchange 5 Adver for 1 Quia at the shop
- The shop outside the dungeon “Prison of the Sorcerer” is now open for business!
- Prison of the Sorcerer dungeon changes
- Increased Skeleton King’s HP from 6000 to 12000
- Increased Skeleton King’s venom spawn time from 5s to 20s
- Increased Hydra’s HP from 4000 to 6000
- All encounters now reward significantly more Quia
- Made Mortus invincible
- Reduced Guard’s HP from 60 to 30
Graphics & UI
- Changed the sprite for Basic Cloth
- Changed the sprite for Dog
- Nameplates are now darker
- The Blacksmith now has “<NPC> Shop” above his name
- The “Pray” window no longer shows up on your current spawn point (this also acts as temporary visual feedback that the spawn point is set)
- Pressing F now switches between fullscreen and windowed mode
- Several changes and fixes to “New Loot”
- Renamed “Potions” section of the shop to “Misc”
- Players now face the direction that they’re moving (this is buggy!)
- Reduced number of world updates to increase FPS
- Allowed the server to send data on maximum HP allowing HP changes without requiring client updates
- Increased accuracy of playtime reporting
- Server now tracks kills, deaths and distance travelled
- You can no longer see offline players in the overworld
I’ve just uploaded a mandatory update which opens up “Prison of the Sorcerer” a dungeon featuring 3 bosses and 1 intro encounter.
All fights reward a new form of currency called “Quia” which will be used in an upcoming update when the Lair of the Sorcerer opens. You can also earn the Lair Key (used to open the Lair) and two new secret super rare Buddies.
Download the update here!
The servers have just had a hotfix applied to fix several problems with The Cursed Tribe alpha.
- Revamped White Forest encounter
- Fight no longer features Savage Bat or Savage Wolf mobs, replaced by more higher level mobs
- Fight no longer gives bonus Adver (maximum of 5 per fight)
- Fight no longer gives non-existent Buddy preventing inventory errors
- Fixed a bug where you couldn’t buy items when you had the exact amount of currency required
- The Ancient Mine now features a graveyard to the south East
This is a server side update so no new download is required. Later today an optional client update will be released allowing access to a new zone and 4 new encounters.
We’ve just released the client for our month long Alpha event, The Cursed Tribe!
It’s important to note that this is an alpha and as such is not representative of the finished product.
Please make sure that you fully read the message that displays when the game launches and the news items listed below the login screen.
Windows Executable (64 bit)
Multi platform LOVE file (requires LOVE2D 0.11 installed to play)
In the most southern part of the known world lies a range of endless mountains, untouched by human civilisation… or so we thought.
We’re excited today to announce our second Alpha event: “The Cursed Tribe”, which will run for a month from December 31st to January 31st.
Unlike the first Alpha (Realm of the Skeleton King), this one will focus on storytelling and introduce some new looting and fight mechanics.
It will also receive an additional content patch halfway through its lifecycle with new encounters and an expanded world.
See the full changelist below:
- Journey to the Southern Mountains, a Winter Themed area filled with new threats to conquer and mysteries to uncover.
- 5 expansive areas to explore
- 7 new encounters
- Hidden treasure chests and secret rewards
- Enhanced fight scripting system
- Mobs can now cast physical spells that create an effect on an area of the play zone (e.g, fire).
- Mobs are now able to speak
- Buddies are non-combat pets that follow you around the world and into battle
- They don’t offer any gameplay advantage and are purely cosmetic
- Buddies can be found as loot drops from encounters
- There are 7 Buddies in this Alpha:
- Encounters will now have a chance of dropping various loot as well as gold.
- Each piece of loot has a % chance and every member of a fight is given their own individual chance at each piece of loot.
- On a new “Fight Complete” screen you’re shown what loot you had a chance of earning and what roll (out of 100) you got this attempt.
- Encounter scoring system
- Fights now have a score, determined by your kill count and time taken to complete the fight.
- The top 3 scores will be displayed on the new “Fight Complete” screen.
- This isn’t necessarily a new feature, it was just turned off for the first Alpha.
- Areas left unexplored are now shrouded in a mysterious fog until you arrive there.
- Dotted throughout the world are gravestones
- When walking onto a gravestone tile you’re given the option to Pray.
- Praying at a gravestone sets your respawn location there, so when you die you reappear at that location.
- New / changed spells
- Flash of Light
- Turns you into a Flash of Light, healing all friendlies you touch by 30% per second. You cannot take damage while in Light form. Lasts for 6 seconds.
- Uses 100 Energy
- Has a 120 second cool down
- Turn into a violent tornado, increasing movement speed to 300% and damaging all enemies you touch by your weapon value per second. You cannot take damage while in Tornado form. Lasts for 6 seconds.
- Uses 100 Energy
- Has a 120 second cool down
- All enemies within 3 meters turn into angry chickens. Angry chickens attack their closest opponent for 1 DPS and explode after 5 seconds.
- Uses 100 Energy
- Has a 60 second cool down
- Spell suggested by Danjoe and Crimsnmonkey
- Phase Shift
- Phase shift now prevents you from taking damage for its duration.
- Gameplay changes
- You can now run by holding down shift
- This will drain your energy, although at 0 energy you can still run.
- You now gain less energy when moving
- Attacking now costs 5% energy (down from 20%)
- Interface changes
- The player UI in the world is now the same as the one in fights
- Zooming in and out is now smooth
- The region name indicator now has a black background for improved readability
- Fixed a bug where spell animations wouldn’t display in the overworld
- New theme music