Developing an MMORPG is difficult and takes a huge amount of time and effort: even more so when it’s being made by a single person.
I have to give huge thanks to those who have and continue to support the game, be it by playing during the Alpha events, donating on Patreon or contributing assets. Even letting me ramble design ideas at you has been insanely useful.
Now, I’d like to write down a proper development roadmap to lead us from today to Version 1.
- Prototype: Is this any fun? (Completed) (Summer 2017)
- A very early version of the game with 2 encounters taking place in the real world of the full game.
- Alpha #1: Fighting and gearing (Completed) (Halloween 2017)
- A playable, functioning version of the game that showcases how fights and gearing will take place in the full game at max level.
- Takes place in a part of the lore that will be referenced in the full game.
- Alpha #2: Storytelling and exploration (Now live) (Christmas 2017)
- A playable, more feature complete version of the game that showcases how storytelling is interwoven with fight sequences and how an expansive world and fog of war can promote exploration for rewards.
- Takes place just before the full game and shows what is south of the world map and the stories there.
- Alpha #3: Exploring new ideas (Announcing soon) (Q2 2018)
- Taking feedback from the first two alphas and implementing gameplay changes and fixes to give a more solid experience
- Takes a story-lite approach with less content development work required. Infinite progression system with random content.
- Beta (Q3 2018)
- A full version of the game that may feature bugs, a lack of balance and may be missing polish.
- All 41 encounters available (but frequent character wipes)
- Full release (Q1 2019)